This style can be done on short,medium, or long natural twisted hair. This style probably works best on mini to medium sized two strand twists. You will have to vary the rod size used based on the length of hair. In this picture I used medium sized orange flexirods.
1) Take a section of hair about the width of 3 fingers and lightly dampen it (I used a spray bottle).
2) Apply the setting lotion of your choice. A light gel will work as well.
3) Roll the twists down the full length of the flexirod in a spiral fashion. Repeat until all hair has been set on flexirods.
4) Allow the flexirod set to dry fully and remove carefully. You can sit under the dryer or leave the rods in overnight.
5) Apply an oil, like olive oil for shine. Do not pull apart the twists too much as you apply the oil or the curls may fall.
This style usually last me several days because I enjoy the look of my twists as the curls start to fall.